During this unprecedented time, our mission of producing dairy based products to enhance the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future is now more essential than ever. From our farm supply chain, to our plant, and right through to your homes, we’re working 24/7 to ensure that we continue to meet the nutritional needs of your families.
People are at the heart of our business. Therefore, the health and safety of our employees, business partners and the community where we operate is extremely important to us. We are working very hard to keep them healthy, safe and supported.
Together with our supply chain and customers, we are working to ensure that much-needed food and beverage products are available throughout the country. Our people are fully committed and are working tirelessly to ensure that supply is maintained.
For the last 60 years, our consumers, employees, business partners and community have relied on us during the most challenging times.
And today, we're right there with you in fighting this global challenge with flexibility, resilience, courage, and a caring heart.
- Enlisted the expertise of medical professionals and health care specialists to put in place additional protocols and safety measures.
- Sharing “Flatten the Curve Best Practices” with other local and food industry firms to continuously improve and keep our employees safe and healthy.
- Checking the temperature of each of our facility employees’ each workday.
- Providing face coverings to all employees.
- Boosting employee wellness by providing each worker with hand sanitizer bottles
- Practicing social distancing at work (break rooms, pre-shift meetings, staff meetings, etc.)
- Providing parents with the scheduling flexibility to manage their family responsibilities.
- Increased the use of physical barriers to protect facility employees
- Canceled all non-mandatory regulatory audits and all customer plant tours.
- Continuously disinfecting all common areas
- Directing all traffic through main facility entry points where hand washing stations are positioned while maintaining Social Distancing.
- Asking our employees not to travel domestically and internationally for business purposes.
- Allocating resources to allow teams to work remotely.